Q: 2008 Buick Enclave engine light on with code p1682 and car stays running with key off for while then dies, ECM is humming,

asked by on May 05, 2017

Turn key off and car stays running for a while then check eng light comes on with code p1862 and the ECM makes a humming noise and runs battery down??? I checked ECM fuse?? Any suggestions

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Code P1682 sets if the ECM detects a difference in the voltage levels of the two main power inputs to the ECM. Basically, the code will be stored when one voltage input has a significantly different value than the other one. Often a wiring faults, including corrosion on terminals, is at least a part cause. Other possibilities are a fault with the ignition switch itself or a fuse/relay in the circuit. You can start by inspecting the the power relay and start power relays; indeed, a fault there, in a relay, may explain the humming noise at the ECM. Based on what you are describing a mechanic can resolve this for you and so I recommend you request a diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.