Q: Jerky acceleration above 3000rpm no trouble codes

asked by on July 19, 2016

It seams like my car is always having something go bad, I recently replaced maf sensor, and pcv valve, both because of throughout codes, and the trouble codes did go away, the car has been jerking during acceleration for awhile, but recently got worse. About 20000 miles ago, it might jerk once during full throttle acceleration after engine warms up, keep in mind I don't always accelerate so quickly, and when I do it is after engine warm up, never redlining it. Recently I noticed that the acceleration issue became worse, I can't accelerate past 3000rpms without it jerking, and if it's at normal highway speeds, going up a slight hill, it may sometimes also jerk. With no trouble codes for this issue, I don't know where to look for the problem.

Car jerks forward at high speeds Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, thanks for writing in. 115,000 miles is about the right time to change the clutch in a manual transmission vehicle. This may explain the jerky motions above 3000 RPMs while the engine is making more power, and may be the reason there are no codes for the problem. Have an experienced technician also inspect the ignition and fuel delivery systems for any faults in order to diagnose your jerky acceleration issue.