Q: Rattling noise and wont go in gear

It wont go into gear when started, It will when its off, The clutch peddle seems fine, Nothing leaking, Ive had it for one year and it has Never needed clutch fluid as if its not used any. The rattling stops when in neutral. What could it be and how's the best way to pinpoint the problem without a garage charging to replace the clutch if it isnt the real problem.

A: If you can put the transmission in any gear...

If you can put the transmission in any gear with the engine off easily but cannot get it in any gear when you start the car with the clutch in, then you have a clutch system problem. You will have to see if the clutch hydraulic system is full and then see if it is moving the clutch every time you push in the pedal. If the clutch travel is moving the clutch pressure plate in and out enough, then you have a defective clutch pressure plate. The rattle is most likely the pressure place release bearing also going bad. You can have the gear issue inspected by a mobile technician from YourMechanic. They can diagnose the faults and pinpoint exactly what is causing the issue.