Q: Rear end squeaking

There is a squeaking noise coming from the rear end of my car. There are no other issues with it. When I noticed this the first time, it sounded as if something fell apart at the back of the car. I took it to the dealership and they lubricated the rear suspension. It didn't help though. What should I do?

Hello there. Thanks for writing in about your 2011 Mazda2. Squeaking noises when driving are fairly common and can have many causes. The most likely causes of the noise would be a window seal, seat, body panels, suspension bushings, or a loose spare tire assembly. Have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect and diagnose the squeaking noise and let you know what repairs need to be done.