Q: Keyless entry reprogramming and troubleshooting.

I ordered an aftermarket keyless remote to unlock and lock doors to my 1997 chevy truck. Followed instructions (ran paperclip from 4 to 8 terminal under steering wheel) and locks were supposed to cycle to show truck was ready to receive new remote. Locks don't cycle, nothing happened when i ran jumper from 4 to 8. Help Please

Hi there. Check the terminals 4 and 8 for power. If there is no power to any of the terminals, then check the fuse box for any blown fuses to the door lock cylinders. Also, check the door lock switch on the driver door and see if the power come on at the terminals 4 and 8 if the switch is activated. If there is no power after the switch, then the door lock actuator switch may have a fault causing the remote switch to malfunction. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you troubleshoot your keyless entry system.