Q: Air bag light comes on intermittently on newly purchased car.

When i test drove the car, it wasn't on, and the gentleman said he belted the passenger seat because the seatbelt sign could come on. I bought it Saturday, and the airbag light comes on, and off, and on again. It's not consistant. Sometimes it stays off for a while, then dings and comes on. It is annoying. I also need to get it inspected for my registration and wondered if that would hold me back. Other than that its a lovely car, and only 62566 miles on it! Diane

Hello. The seats have sensors in them that tells the computer that someone is in the passenger seat and some vehicles will even sense how heavy that person is to adjust the air bag deployment force. You may have a sensor in the passenger seat that is bad or if you have leather seats the leather gets hard and will push on the sensor causing the seat belt light to come on and air bag light to go on and off due to defective seat sensor. Have the the dealer scan the air bag system and check the seat sensors.

3. Air bag light comes on intermittently on newly purchased car.