Q: When accelerating it feel like something is pulling back

asked by on November 30, 2016

When driving and I step on the pedal it feels as if something is holding the car back

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there:

This issue happens more often than not with vehicles approaching or just eclipsing 20 years (which your 1995 Toyota qualifies). In most cases, the reason you’re having acceleration issues is because the fuel injectors or throttle body (or in some instances both of them) are clogged with excessive carbon deposits and simply need to be cleaned. In other instances, the problem is caused by mass air flow sensor problems, issues with the EGR Valve or other fuel system components. The best way to know for sure it to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection.