Q: Nail in tire. Been driving with it. Slowly leaking. Left to park for now. Is the tire unrepairable to a point?

Had a nail in the front tire for some time. I've left it to park for now. When I came back two months later the tire pressure was at 99... is there a point when the tire is dead, or can I simply patch it even though so much time went by?...

Hello, thank you for writing in. The tires need to be evaluated a little further before we justify getting a new one put on, or patching it. Take a look at the tread, and make sure it is evenly worn and still ample. If the tire was older, consider getting a new one. The second consideration is that the tires will develop fit spots after sitting for an extended period of time. If this is the case, you may want a new tires, or 4 new tires if extremely worn and flat. Newer and fresher tires will bounce back from a flat spot better than an older and weathered tire. They will also respond to the patch better. Take a good look at the condition of the tire in question, and then at all of the tires.

3. Nail in tire. Been driving with it. Slowly leaking. Left to park for now. Is the tire unrepairable to a point?