Q: Intake camshaft needs replaced according to my Audi dealer.

Car has been slipping a bit when accelerating. Took to SF Audi and they said I need to replace my intake camshaft, follower and high pressure fuel pump. I looked this up online and it appears to be an issue with Audis.

If you vehicle is slipping a bit when accelerating, that is not the engine’s intake counter balance shaft nor the engine’s camshaft, but rather the transmission clutches are not pressurizing all the way or the clutches are worn. First check the transmission fluid and see if the fluid is low and dark in color. If the fluid is full and red in color, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission slipping issue.

3. Intake camshaft needs replaced according to my Audi dealer.