Q: Car starts then immediately stalls out.

Car starts then stops. Have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter was checked and is good, makes a clicking sound when not pushing the gas in park position.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the engine oil level and make sure that it’s full. Top off the oil if it’s low and recheck to see if the engine is still stalling. The symptoms that you describe are as if the engine is not getting enough oil pressure causing the computer to shut off the injectors and the ignition system. If there is not enough oil pressure or if the oil is low, then the lifters on the engine will tap as they are not pressurized. Take an oil pressure gauge and hook it to the engine on a port where the filter is located. Run the engine and see if there is oil pressure. If there is oil pressure, then the oil pressure sending unit would need replaced. If there is no oil pressure or under 25 psi, then perform an oil change with a new filter and see if the noise goes away and if the oil pressure goes up. If the oil pressure goes up, then the filter was plugged up. If the oil pressure is still low, then there is an issue with either the oil pump or the engine bearings. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.