Q: It gives me the code p2649

asked by on March 05, 2017

What can be the problem for my Honda pilot it gives me the code p2649 and it said that it can b the rocker arm valve can someone please help me

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle has rocker arms that control the valves where the fuel and air enter the engine, and the valves that channel the exhaust gasses out of the engine. With these rocker arms are actuators that push the rocker arms based on mechanical lobes on the camshaft that are responsible for the valve timing. The actuators can become clogged, stick, and restrict the function of the rocker arm, which on your vehicle is monitored electronically. The code you are receiving is letting you know this is the case, and you need to take corrective action. You may only need an oil and oil filter change, or there may be a more serious issue going on. Only further inspection will tell, and you should have it looked as ASAP. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.