Q: What does it mean when a car acts like it's in neutral when it's in drive? I finally got it & won't accelerate over 40?

asked by on March 06, 2018

This morning while the car was in drive it wouldn't move and acted as if it were in neutral, but it would reverse fine. Later in the day it finally cooperated but wouldn't go over 40 mph and the check engine light came on. What could be the issue?

You may have an internal transmission problem and will need to have the computer scanned to see if there are codes stored indicating the failure.