Q: Wobble in front left tire

asked by on March 10, 2018

I started noticing a wobble in the front left tire while going between 40-60 mph. I took it to my shop and they said it was a bad bearing. I changed the hub assembly and the problem is still there. I had the tires rotated and balanced to see if that would fix it, it didn't. I swapped the rotors and still the wobble. I can hear something loose when going slow and hit small bumps. It's the worst when driving straight between 40-60mph and when I'm going down the road and slightly turn the wheel the wobble seems to stop but when I straighten out, it comes back. Ideas?

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Andy. Thanks for contacting us today. Typically a wobble that occurs from 40 to 60 mph is going to be caused by tire balance issues, wheel bearing failure, or a loose tie rod, or CV joint. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to help you diagnose this issue correctly before attempting further repairs.