Q: bad tie rod end

asked by on August 01, 2016

I have a bad tie rod end that needs to be replaced on the front right side, is it bad to drive on the highway?

When you say a bad tie rod end, this means that it is loose. This means that it may come off and you would loose steering control. If it is bad enough for you to ask for advice, then you probably shouldn’t drive the vehicle until you get it fixed. If one is bad, then the other side is most likely bad also. If you need help with a tie rod end replacement, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this service.