Q: Check engine light signal on a 2005 PT Cruiser

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser with 78,000 miles on it. The check engine light came out a couple of days ago. This is when I began driving higher RPMs. Check engine light stayed on. How can I know what's causing this?

Two possible reasons for the light include an issue with the transmission or a faulty fuel/air ratio. There are over 2000 different codes for that Check Engine Light so you will need to get it scanned. If you want have the Check Engine Light properly diagnosed, a technician from YourMechanic can scan your computer for codes and let you know exactly what repairs will be needed.

3. Check engine light signal on a 2005 PT Cruiser