Q: The rear passenger side wheel is pointing inwards it was checked out by a mechanic and they only said its the control arm

the control arm is bent can that cause the wheel to point inward it was looked at buy a mechanic but it doesnt sound right because the wheel is facing inward

The mechanic may be right, but sometimes the terminology gets a little hazy on the Mercedes. That rear suspension has 5 links on each rear wheel, damage to any of them can cause the wheel to point in the wrong direction.

The part that is most often referred to as the control arm is the largest link that connects the bottom of the bearing carrier to the frame. It would take a heck of a whack to damage that part, I would think maybe backing hard into a curb or a parking block might cause it and it could have damaged some of the other links as well.

If you’d like a second pair of eyes on the issue, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home and give your suspension a thorough inspection and help you decide exactly which components need to be replaced.

3. The rear passenger side wheel is pointing inwards it was checked out by a mechanic and they only said its the control arm