Q: Brake pedal height 4 inches too high.

asked by on December 30, 2016

Took my truck in for a brake job. Got it back and the pedal is 4 inches higher than before (ish). They said it didnt move and said there is no adjustment possible. I have had this truck for 8 yrs. I know my pedals. How do l lower my brake pedal?

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. There is a lever that is attached to the brake pedal that has an adjustment screw. The screw was pushed out making the brake pedal higher than normal. Turn the screw inward and the pedal height should drop. If your truck has a clevis, then you will have to remove the pin and rotate the clevis inward to lower the pedal and then put the pin back in with a new cotter pin. If you need further assistance with your brake pedal being too high, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.