Q: My 89 ford ranger runs everything works but it will shut off and will not start again for day or two. Everyone says eec power rela

Truck runs and everything works great but all of a sudden it shuts off while running no sputter like its running out of fuel just dies and won't start for days even some times longer. I orderd new eec power relay cause that's what I've been told but that won't be here for few days. Anything you could tell me?

The problem sounds like the fuel pump or fuel pump relay is bad. If you turn on the key and the check engine light is on then the EEC relay is good. You should hear the fuel pump in the tank come on and off for a couple seconds when you turn key on. If not then you most likely have a bad pump or relay.

3. My 89 ford ranger runs everything works but it will shut off and will not start again for day or two. Everyone says eec power rela