Q: My brake light is blinking for some reason

The brake light on my car started blinking. These also flash the daytime running lights. My car has 40,000 miles on it. I've checked the following: The brake discs are an even temperature after driving - calipers are good. The pad wear sensors are not squealing. My steering wheel does not pull to one side or the other while driving. I only see the light when the outside temperature is hot. I don't see it during my morning commute, for instance. The emergency brake switch is brand new. The emergency brake signal line is not shorting out. The ABS system is working properly when I'm braking hard. And there are no faults in the computer. Any clues on what might be going on?

A: I'm not sure whether you're talking...

I'm not sure whether you're talking about the brake warning light on the dash or the brake lights themselves.

If you're referring to the brake warning on the dash, this indicates a problem with the braking system. If the brake light stays on but the ABS light goes out, suspect a low brake fluid level or a problem in the brake hydraulic system.

I can't really get a clear picture of what is going on here, so I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the vehicle firsthand.