Q: Wheel bearing going bad

I hear a noise coming from the front wheel. I think it could be the wheel bearing.

A wheel bearing noise can be identified by a loud growling noise which can get louder with increased speed. A failed bearing can also be identified by jacking the vehicle up and checking for play or movement in the suspected wheel. A bearing noise can also be mistaken with tire noise. I would check for cupping or feathering of the tires as for this can cause similar sounds. An inspection of the sound should be carried out by a qualified technician to pinpoint the cause and come up with repairs for the sound.

3. Wheel bearing going bad