Q: Can i replace a california emissions fuel pump witha federal emissions fuel pump on a 06 nissan altima manual transmission

asked by on March 09, 2017

I am replacing a fuel pump. Under the hood states California Emissions but the fuel pump I purchased is federal emissions can I use the new one or no?

When you go to replace your fuel pump and find that there is a big difference in the 49 states part versus a California certified part you will need to use only the California certified part since some vehicle emission systems are designed different to meet the California emission standard that is more strict than the Federal standard. The non California part may not even fit and function the same and cause problems with your vehicle.