Q: 2013 ford fusion automatic. I turned my car on and attempted to shift the gear. The gear shifter moved but seemed like it didnt ca

When I turned on my car and attempted to move the gear shift into D (drive) the gear shift moved freely and did not allow the car to move.. I placed the gear shift back into P(Park) and the light lit, but when attempting again to move the gear shift down to drive the D did not light up and the car didn't move.

Hi Damian. Thanks for contacting us today. There are a few possible reasons why you’re having this problem. In most cases, debris stuck in the shift housing can cause shifting difficulty, while a damaged shift solenoid or even a damaged shift interlock mechanism can also cause this to occur. To correctly identify the right source, an on-site inspection would be required.

3. 2013 ford fusion automatic. I turned my car on and attempted to shift the gear. The gear shifter moved but seemed like it didnt ca