Q: I changed my oil pump and now when I try to start it it only clicks once

I was going down the freeway and the check gauge came on.when I looked the oil pressure went all the way down and the truck died when I finally got it started It was knocking real bad. I towed it home and changed the oil pump.i tried to start it and it turned over a few times then the starter just clicked once. I changed the starter and the battery and it still just clicks once.please help.thank you.

A: Unfortunately you have already damaged the ...

Unfortunately you have already damaged the motor running the engine until it dies when it lost oil pressure. The bearings for the crankshaft and camshaft have been starved of oil and seized the engine. You will need to have the engine first checked to see if you can turn the engine using a socket on the front crank pulley bolt. If you cannot turn the motor then you have a seized motor. If not then the starter circuit needs checked.