Q: Possible broken front axle

I think I have a broken front axle and tie rod. How would I know if this was the problem?

A: Hello. A common giveaway of a bad tie rod o...

Hello. A common giveaway of a bad tie rod or CV axle is grease leaking from the CV boot or the tie rod boots. Though, either component could be bad and a leak may not be present. It is best to check the tie rod and axle for possible movement. A trained technician would be able to determine the degree of movement of the tie rod and also inspect which components are faulty. If there's too much movement in the said components, replacement is necessary.