Q: How do you activate or deactivate the Cross Traffic Alert system?

How do you activate or deactivate the Cross Traffic Alert system?

If your car is equipped with a Cross Traffic Alert system (not all Fusions have this feature), it provides you with important information about traffic conditions to improve your safety. It’s really all about detecting traffic, pedestrians and other obstacles while you’re leaving a parking space. However, you can turn it off (or back on) if you want. Here’s how:

1. Press the Info button until you see “Cross Traffic.”

2. Press the Reset button to turn the system off.

3. Press the Reset button again to turn the system back on.

Tip

The cross traffic alert system is an important safety tool, and should only be deactivated if necessary.

3. How do you activate or deactivate the Cross Traffic Alert system?