Q: Water appears to come up from under carpet when it rains

asked by on August 02, 2016

After a heavy storm water was found puddled in my car. After taking a shop vac to get the water out and sitting in my car while it rained the water seems to still show up in side the car with no visible leak.

Clear fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If you have a water leak when you are not moving, then you will need to first isolate the area of the car that is getting wet. The most common areas are the right or left front of the car. Sometimes water will leak in somewhere on the cowl where harnesses go into the cab.

Look under both sides of the dash to see if you can isolate a leak this way. If you have any alarms or stereo equipment that have wires going from the engine to the passenger compartments, then make sure these are sealed good first. Look at all the door seals and look for tears, deformed, or missing seals. If you still need help finding the leak, then contact a mechanic to locate the leak for you. If you have a sun roof, make sure the drains are not plugged or leaking inside the kick panels.