Q: Warning lights still on 2001 Pontiac Grand Am

asked by on February 23, 2017

I have replaced everything that has thrown a code, but the ABS, TRAC OFF and SERVICE VEHICLE SOON lights remain on. Scanning shows no codes. Have replaced both wheel bearings, front brakes, mass air flow sensor and throttle position sensor.

ABS Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - the next level of diagnostics are going to be required - specifically the ABS system. (Top level OBD II codes aren’t enough here) I suspect you have a wheel speed sensor that is dirty or malfunctioning. These sensors are the basis for proper ABS and Traction control operation. These sensors are mounted on the wheel hubs, exposed to all sorts of grime, vibration and shocks, and can eventually fail. I recommend a ABS system inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.