Q: Q: Throttle body needs to be replaced

Is it ok to drive the car when the throttle body needs to be replaced? Even if it is just for a short distance (under 20 miles a day) until my mechanics appointment?

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is difficult to say if the vehicle is safe to drive. If the vehicle performs well enough that you can drive it short distances, then you can continue to work with it within its limits. Throttles control the amount of air that in taken into the engine, and typically the worst that happens is the vehicle stalls out. Keep in mind that a stall at high speeds or in heavy traffic can be very dangerous, as well as being stuck on the side of the road. Its best to try and avoid these situations. Knowing that the throttle is the issue, and being aware of what to do to make it work best for you, will give you an advantage. For more help with diagnostics or to have an inspection done at your home or office, contact our service department.

3. Q: Throttle body needs to be replaced