Q: I have a 2006 impala and as of Wednesday i experienced my car wobbling what could be the cause of this?

asked by on May 05, 2017

Wednesday i started experiencing my car wobble and im afraid to drive it. I was thinking i may need an alinement but i called jiffy lube and they told me that it would be my tire ridd to cause the wobbling... what is the REAL cause of my car wobbling???

Hi...I will help you with this. There are quite a few components in a vehicle’s suspension and so it is hard to predict definitively what the cause is until the vehicle is inspected. If you want your vehicle’s suspension inspected by a certified Mechanic to pinpoint the problem and estimate the cost of any required repairs, please request a suspension inspection and the responding certified Mechanic will get your concerns addressed promptly and thoroughly.

To give you an advance idea, though, of some of the possible "causes", here are a few: tire defects such as internal (unseen) cord separation, uneven tire inflation, bent wheel rims, loose lug nuts, damage to suspension components, very loose wheel bearings (you would usually hear lots of noise though), loose motor/transmission mounts and so forth. The good news is what you are describing sounds pretty noticeable and so a trained mechanic will be able to pinpoint the problem relatively quickly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.