Q: Clutch doesnt work

asked by on July 19, 2016

I had starting and ignition problems so my mechanic bypassed the ignition and put a button switch to start engine now. After a couple months another problem occurred as my starter wouldn't stop kicking over after i started it with the push button. So now my mechanic bypassed the key lock and starter interlock switch running wires direct. 2 days of driving after that my clutch went out and stick shift stuck. Also motor sounds like crap now too! Can someone Please tell me what happened? Thankyou!

Clutch is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

You most likely broke the clutch or transmission input shaft gear. This most likely happened when you started the engine without pushing in the clutch. The normal way was to push in the clutch to start the truck. Now you could start it without pushing in the clutch pedal to release the clutch and just had to have it in neutral. The clutch still engaged put strain on the input shaft and clutch. If you would like this to be verified, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your clutch in person, and advise you on a repair.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr