Q: 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer will not shift into 3rd and 4th gears

I am having trouble with the gears in my SUV; it will not shift into 3rd and 4th gears. When it is in Drive, 1st, and overdrive it will only reach up to 25 mph and will not go any higher than that. In 2nd gear it will reach up to 55 mph. Going any higher than 55 mph makes my SUV start stalling. The RPMs are 3000 when driving at 55 mph. It also revs very high. There is no slipping in any of the gears and all the fluid is good. The check engine light has never come on. I am hoping I can fix it myself, so I have not gone to a mechanic yet. Can you tell me the cause and what will fix these problems?

A: There are a few years of this model Chevy B...

There are a few years of this model Chevy Blazer that had some transmission issues much like what you are describing. I would recommend having the vehicle hooked up to an OBD-2 scanner to check the transmission trouble codes that it is producing. There are specific codes that will further identify specifically to what the issue is. However, based upon what you are describing, it sounds like your 3-4 gear clutch packs may be burnt or worn.  I would recommend having a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the shifting problem and determine what should be done.