Q: Steering wheel vibrates at higher speeds

After I changed the rims and tires, the steering wheel vibrates at speeds of 55-60 mph. Also, the tire pressure monitoring system light comes on and off. I had the wheels balanced twice, but the vibration is still there.

A: The tire pressure system fault indicator ca...

The tire pressure system fault indicator can stem from a variety of sources: an air leak, sensor malfunction, even water in the tires.

Furthermore, vibrations often arise with aftermarket rim and tire sets, especially if they do not come close to factory limitations.

I would suggest having a mobile mechanic come to your home or business to run a full diagnostic based on the vibration symptom and tire pressure system light.