Q: How long can a car run like when driving back and forth from work when battery saver mode is on? I plan to have it checked after w

My battery saver mode came on when I started my car today. My radio stopped working yesterday. I already called my father in law who works on cars and he is going to look at it tonight after work. More worried that I won't be able to get there with my car. Will I be ok to drive and will I be able to start my car after work note I live in Wisconsin where it is about 10 degrees out right now? Thank you.

The primary function of the battery is to start the vehicle. Once it is running, the alternator provides the electrical needs of the engine, lights,radio,heater,etc. If the alternator is faulty and not producing power, these systems will draw power from the battery. Since the battery can’t recharge itself - the alternator keeps it charged - the battery will eventually die and the vehicle will shut down. It is difficult to predict how long the vehicle will run on battery power alone. Everything you use - lights, signals, heater, wipers,etc - will all draw more power from the battery and drain it quickly. Cold temperatures will also shorten the amount of time the battery will last under those conditions. The vehicle may run for mere minutes, or maybe an hour or more.

3. How long can a car run like when driving back and forth from work when battery saver mode is on? I plan to have it checked after w