Q: Car stalls when stopped in traffic

My car has no codes or dashboard lights on. I took it to the dealership for the issue that happens quite often. The car would stall when stopped in traffic. It occurs especially when the weather is hot and when I turn the AC on. It would start right away though. What is causing this?

Just because your Check Engine Light is not on does not mean you do not have codes in the computer memory. You could have codes that are called pending codes. These codes mean a problem happened but has not happened a second time to turn on the Check Engine Light. Have the vehicle scanned and diagnosed to see if you have any vacuum leaks that may cause the stall, or a sticking idle control valve with carbon buildup on it and the throttle plates. If you would like this scoped out for you in person, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your stalling issue and let you know what needs repair.