Q: 2004 Chevy impala ss sunroof will not close, make clicking noise and motor sounds like it is laboring

asked by on May 23, 2017

The sunroof opened but will not close. When I push the button too close the motor starts closing the window and then it seems like the window binds up on something the motor labors and then it just stops. It won't close at all now

Hi There, It sounds like the sunroof is binding up inside the track causing it to get stuck and ultimately overpower the motor. This will likely require the sunroof panels to come apart to determine what may be causing it to get stuck along the track. This usually requires removal of the inside headliner as well. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechnic come to your location to properly diagnose and repair your sunroof.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr