Q: Had alt & batt replaced on 2011 Maxima Nov '17, CVT trans replaced Dec '17. Car just died on me Jan '18 with batt light on. Why?

Had alternator & battery replaced on my 2011 Maxima in Nov. '17, then the CVT transmission had to be replaced Dec. '17, and my car just died on me Jan. '18 when it lost power and after the battery light, ABS, and traction lights came on. Why? I have only had this vehicle for 8 months.

*Pep boys sold me a bad alternator the first time in Nov. '17 and I had them replace it and redo the labor a day later. Could I have another bad alternator already? What could be wrong with my car that just now hit 100,000 miles?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The battery light can come on for two reasons: 1) there is a fault with the battery/charging system; or 2) the engine has stalled and thus the alternator is not charging. All the warning lights, including the battery light, may have just come on because the engine stopped, but the stoppage was due to some other fault unrelated to the battery, alternator, etc. There are many causes of sudden stalling such as fuel pump failure, crankshaft position sensor failure, timing belt breakage and so forth. If the vehicle is not presently starting, the recommended service is a no start diagnostic. If you request that service, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get your car running properly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr