Q: Door ajar light on and doors only manually lock

The front panel is displaying that a door is ajar. All the doors will manually lock by the arm console. Also, there is no power to the rear wiper. Those problems have existed for several weeks and now there’s a new problem: my rear window will not lock. Even though I can use the armrest to lock the doors, it won't lock the rear window. The panel continues to display the door ajar light. What can I do to fix these problems?

A: All of the lock functions and rear wiper fu...

All of the lock functions and rear wiper functions are controlled by the Body ECU. If the ECU is failing this could be the source of the issues. In the front door and in the rear door, there are both harness connections that flex as the door (front left or rear) is opened or closed. This can cause the harness to fatigue and wiring to break causing malfunctions as well.

Before the expense of replacing the Body ECU wiring to both the front door contact, and the rear lock actuator, the wiper motor should be checked to ensure wiring is not the issue. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the tools and training to trace and verify the source of the electrical issues, so that the correct repair can be made.