Q: car makes a sandpaper rubbing type noise, the rpms don't want to go up as usually it shifts gears very weird

every time i accelerate the engine doesn't want to rev up as fast as it used to, on idle there is no noice but when the car is running it sounds louder the faster the car goes, it sounds like sand paper subbing on metal, when i step on it all the way the rpms go up very slowly and go back down

Hi there. It is possible that you have multiple problems causing the lack of acceleration on your Camaro. Most of the time, the engine issue is caused by an obstruction of fuel, due to clogged fuel injectors, a dirty throttle body or mass air flow sensor. It’s also common for the EGR valve to become clogged with excessive carbon build up and debris.The "sandpaper" noise is odd, but should be diagnosed by having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection.

Hello. It sounds like the vehicle may have an issue with the drivetrain such as a transmission malfunction or a wheel bearing being bad. When some wheel bearings go bad they will lock up and cause your car to feel like it is up against some resistance. It will also be a good idea to check your brake system. A sticking caliper,stuck slide pin, or stuck emergency brake could be why you’re hearing the metallic noise and it also could be hindering your vehicle from accelerating. If the vehicle is not accelerating properly it’s always a good idea to check the throttle body condition for sludge build-up and the throttle cable linkage for stretching or bad adjustment. Also with any transmission concern its a good idea to check the fluid and inspect it for metal particles. Some metal particles are fine but metal flakes are a sign of internal transmission damage. I suggest that you have a technician inspect your vehicle to help you find a solution to what’s going on with it. The mobile technicians provided here at YourMechanic are great options to choose from.

3. car makes a sandpaper rubbing type noise, the rpms don't want to go up as usually it shifts gears very weird