Q: I have a 2012 ford focus se hatchback, and i got a message in on screen saying my transmission was hot and it needed service now.

asked by on July 14, 2017

Ive had my car for about 1 year and 8 months. I tend to go a litle far every now and then. And it has never failed. Last week it was almost 100 degress hot outside and decided to go out. When i was driving for more than an hour i got a screen message with the TRANSMISSION HOT. I pulled over and let it cool down for a bit, everything was ok. A couple days later i took it for a 45 min drive and i got same message. What can it be?

You should have the fluid levels checked first and then scan for failure codes. If your transmission is overheating then this is from lack of cooling or it is just a temperature sensor inside the transmission that is not reading correct. You will need to have the transmission scanned and see if the transmission fluid temperature sensor is reading an accurate temperature of the fluid.