Q: Bad lighting coming from the low beams

The headlight performance in my 2014 GMC Sierra is unacceptable. The lights are so dim that I drive where there are street lights before the sun goes down! This is making my truck way less useful and it is already driving me crazy at only 8,000 miles! This is a brand new truck! How do I fix this?

Your Body Control Module (BCM) controls the headlights on your truck. According to GMC your headlights meet all safety standards; however they have a technical service bulletin (TSB) that may pertain to your situation. The TSB number PIT5374 dated February 2015 states some customers in low light situations feel that the headlights are not bright enough. The TSB calls for the BCM to be reprogrammed to increase the voltage and brightness to the low and high beam headlights. Since you are still under basic warranty then take it to a dealer and request they check to see if your truck BCM can be reprogrammed under this TSB.