Q: Stop fuse keeps blowing

I woke up one day and my car won't shift outta park so I replaced the solenoid,brake switch and the fuse but the fuse still blows ,what can I do to fix this

Hello there, when a fuse blows in your 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, it indicates there is an issue with the wiring. Fuses typically blow when there is a short to power or to much power drawn. If you have replaced the fuse and it continues to blow, then there is likely a wiring issue still. The most common wiring issues are a short to power, poor connection, bad ground, or a wiring harness that is damaged. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your electrical problems and perform any repairs required.

It is possible that you have a short in the wiring that goes to the braking system. If any of the insulation is missing from the wires exposing it to other metals, this can cause a fuse to blow and is referred to as a short to ground. Since the carpet in most vehicles does not go up past the pedals, a short to ground is very possible in this area. I would recommend having this area checked for a short to ground in the brake circuit. If one is found it can usually be fixed by adding electrical tape over the portion of wire that is coming in contact with the chassis. If you would like expert help with this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the electrical problem and ensure proper repair.