Q: Slow oil leak

asked by on February 13, 2016

I was told by a mechanic that I have a slow oil leak and need a new oil pan gasket. He put a temporary plug in. My steering wheel is also shaking when I drive and veers to the right. And when I brake, the car shakes.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi. A temporary engine oil drain plug is just that - temporary. I suggest you have your oil pan and drain plug repaired as soon as possible. As for your shaking, it sounds like your rotors are warped. Warped rotors can cause a vibration when the brake pads contact the uneven rotor surface. I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the shaking your vehicle has and suggest an appropriate repair.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr