Q: Rear end noise when hitting bumps

I have very loud noise coming from the rear end of the car. It is similar to the sound of metal hitting the vehicle. This can be noticed each time I hit the bump during driving. What could be causing this?

Hello there, a noise such as this can have many different faults for your 2007 Chevrolet Aveo5. Given that the Aveo is a front-wheel drive vehicle, there are no drive components in the rear. The most common faults would be the rear shocks, failed suspension component, wheel bearing, brake component, or a damaged spring. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the rear-end noise and perform any repairs required.