Q: Went to change ignition cool and spark plug....:old spark plug is completely missing. Could it have fallen into the cylinder?

asked by on September 02, 2017

Went to change the ignition coil (8) and spark plug(8). The old spark plug is completely missing. Can the whole spark plug fall into the cylinder? How can I get it out without taking off the head?

If the spark plug has broken and ceramic part of plug fell inside cylinder then you will need to try and remove pieces with a camera and grab fingers or the head will need to be removed. If plug fell in and engine has been running this way then you may have damaged the piston and cylinder walls. You may need to have engine replaced. Do not try and run engine if it fell in during removal.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr