Q: Dynamic Interactive light on and steering stiff

I had the battery replaced on the advice of a mechanic. I had gotten codes P0500 and P172. In addition, the Dynamic Interactive light is on and the steering wheel is very stiff. Now, the speedometer and cruise control has stopped working.

If all of your concerns began after the battery was replaced then it sounds like the battery may not have been installed correctly. The battery is the main power source that powers the entire vehicle on startup. If the battery was installed for example with the vehicle still running which is a commonly used "old school trick", and for some reason the positive and negative battery cables touched there could be electronic shorting of modules or wiring, burning up wiring looms. Have an electronic diagnostic performed by a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic. If the multiple issues were not caused by the installation of the battery, an electronic diagnostic should still be carried out to ensure proper diagnosis of the car’s issues.

3. Dynamic Interactive light on and steering stiff