Q: Hello, I just bought a 2007 BMW 530i and wanted to get a feel for how much a transmission replacement would cost?

asked by on October 18, 2016

I took it to a mechanic and one of the gears are stuck and he was able to fix but the transmission light came back on 2 days later and it is stuck again. I want to know how much a new transmission would run me.

Hello. A transmission replacement for that model of vehicle will likely cost a few thousand dollars, including the cost of labor to install it. At the moment YourMechanic, does not currently offer engine or transmission mechanical services. For a repair like this, I would recommend consulting with a transmission specialist (as opposed to the dealership) for the best quote on a replacement transmission.