Q: Car is smoking under the hood.

MY car is smoking under the hood. I was tols once that it was the gasket but im not sure which service to purchase to have it repaired. Valve cover gasket replaced or a more expensive service. The car doesn't over heat but it smokes while driving but there isn't any rattling coming from under the hood. I had the alternator inspected and they said that it was ok.

Hi there. The best way to know for sure where the leak is coming from and what is causing the smoke under the hood is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a smoke from engine inspection. This will allow them to isolate the source of the oil leak and recommend or complete the right repairs.

3. Car is smoking under the hood.