Q: Car is smoking under the hood.

asked by on July 21, 2017

MY car is smoking under the hood. I was tols once that it was the gasket but im not sure which service to purchase to have it repaired. Valve cover gasket replaced or a more expensive service. The car doesn't over heat but it smokes while driving but there isn't any rattling coming from under the hood. I had the alternator inspected and they said that it was ok.

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The best way to know for sure where the leak is coming from and what is causing the smoke under the hood is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a smoke from engine inspection. This will allow them to isolate the source of the oil leak and recommend or complete the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr