Q: Grooves on inside and outside edge of brake pads

I have grooves on the inside and outside of my inner front brake pad. The rotor is not worn in the area the grooves, and it's causing a noise while driving.
What would cause the pads not to make a proper connection to the rotor? Overall there is slightly more wear to the inner pad than the outer pad, but it's not dramatic.
Am I safe to just replace the rotors and pads, or is it a sign of a bigger problem?

It sounds like you may have slightly warped brake rotors that may be causing the abnormal wear on the brake pads. You may also need to check the mounting of the brake calipers to be sure they are properly aligned and not causing abnormal wear on the pads as well. If you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.

3. Grooves on inside and outside edge of brake pads