Q: Transmission only shifts Manuel and stays in first in drive

When I put vechile in drive it won’t shift into second but when I manually shift it it goes into all gears manually

Hi Jose. Thanks for contacting us tonight. When you have problems like you’ve described, it is usually caused by one of two possible sources. Either the shift interlock solenoid is damaged, or there is internal damage or fluid obstructions inside the transmission that needs to be repaired. A situation like this is best diagnosed by a professional mechanic during a car is hard to shift inspection.