Q: Can't get a full tank of gas without pump stopping

asked by on July 04, 2016

Started yesterday was on a quarter tank of gas went to the gas station and the pump kept stopping first $1 then 5$ I could only managed to get $15 then I went back today and samething .

The fuel tank venting system is plugged or blocked in some way. There is a two-way valve and a canister close valve that can cause the fuel tank to not get vented during fill up. Have these inspected and checked for operation and also check the filler neck to see if the inner rubber pipe disconnected from the fill tube. This would get damaged if someone tried to siphon your fuel and damaged the tube by causing it to disconnect. If you need to have this looked at, a technician from YourMechanic can visit your car’s location to diagnose the issue and replace the fuel filler neck if necessary.